This new Fact.MR study currently places the global 3D body scanners market at US$ 131.5 million. Over the next five years, worldwide sales of 3D body scanners are estimated to increase at an astronomical CAGR of 14.9%.
An increasing per capita disposable income has led to a notable rise in consumer spending potential, which has subsequently favored growth in the retail sector. Rising technological proliferation has promoted the use of advanced 3D body scanning technology in the retail sector, which is expected to drive demand for 3D body scanners over the years to come. The growing popularity of video games and the flourishing video game development industry have also favored 3D body scanners market growth. 3D scanners are crucial in the 3D motion tracking technology that is being used extensively in video game development.
3D body scanner suppliers are expected to focus on partnerships, collaborations, mergers, and acquisitions to increase their global market presence and bolster their revenue generation capacity.
- In July 2022, TechMed 3D, a software measuring solution provider for the human body, announced the launch of a new processing software. SNAP, a mobile automatic processing software, allows users to scan the complete human body and obtain highly precise measurements from their phones.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- The global 3D body scanners market is currently valued at US$ 131.5 million.
- Shipments of 3D body scanners are anticipated to increase at a phenomenal CAGR of 14.9% through 2027.
- Sales revenue of the 3D body scanners market is expected to reach US$ 264 million by 2027.
- The United States market currently enjoys a valuation of US$ 33 million.
- Technological advancements, rising use of 3D motion technology in video games, rapid digitization, growing use of cloud technologies, and high demand for 3D modelling and analysis are expected to favor market growth.
- High cost of manufacturing and development of 3D body scanners are expected to have a hampering effect on overall market potential.
- Sales of 3D body scanners in China are expected to increase at a CAGR of 17% over the next five years.
“Technological advancements in 3D scanning technology are anticipated to primarily govern 3D body scanners market growth potential through 2027,” says a Fact.MR analyst
Product innovation is anticipated to be the prime area of focus for key 3D body scanner manufacturers. Prime 3D body scanner companies are also expected to focus on strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and partnerships to strengthen their market presence and gain a competitive edge over others.
This new research by Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider, has profiled all the key companies in the 3D body scanners marketplace to give a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape of the industry.