According to Fact.MR’s recent study, the global dry shampoo market is anticipated to exhibit nearly 5% CAGR over the forecast period, reaching US$ 6.5 Bn by 2031. Though dry shampoo is witnessing a significantly non-penetrated white space, it has become quite popular among the adult population over the last decade, owing to its unique selling point of largely water-free cleansing.
Historically, the market witnessed a growth rate of 4%, closing in at a value of nearly US$ 4 Bn from 2016 to 2020. Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, dry shampoo sales experienced a significant increase, in spite of contractions in the demand-supply equation in the first half of FY 2020. Rising inclination towards naturally-sourced and water free products largely sustained market demand.
Click here to get a sample report (with full table of contents, tables and figures):- https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=4300
Key Takeaways from the Market Study
- By form, spray dry shampoo to account for over 60% revenue by 2031
- Powdered dry shampoo sales to grow rapidly, clocking a CAGR surpassing 8%
- By distribution channel, online platforms to expand at almost 8% CAGR through 2031
- Dry shampoo products for women to account for nearly 3 out of 5 sales through 2031
- Men’s dry shampoo products to experience a growth rate surpassing 8% from 2021 to 2031
- U.S to capture 2/5th of global market demand for dry shampoo through 2031
- Almost 50% of dry shampoo demand is likely to be generated from Europe
“The existence of a large total addressable market (TAM) for dry shampoo is expanding with the growing consumer base for regular shampoo. While catering to a large segment of users for premium cosmetic products, dry shampoo is charting a new course of growth amid the middle-income group,” says the Fact.MR analyst.
Key Segments Covered
- Spray Dry Shampoo
- Powdered Dry Shampoo
- Anti-Dandruff Dry Shampoo
- Color Protection Dry Shampoo
- Hair Loss Prevention Dry Shampoo
- Dry Shampoo for Other Functions
- Dry Shampoo for Men
- Dry Shampoo for Women
- Dry Shampoo for Kids
- Dry Shampoo Sales via Modern Trade
- Dry Shampoo Sales via Convenience Stores
- Dry Shampoo Sales via Specialty Stores
- Dry Shampoo Sales via Drug Stores
- Dry Shampoo Sales via Online Channels
- Dry Shampoo Sales via Other Distribution Channels
Prominent players include The Unilever Group, The Procter and Gamble, Kao Corporation, The Estee Lauder Companies Inc., Shiseido Company Limited, Church & Dwight Co. Inc., Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Revlon Inc., L’Oreal SA, and Coty Inc, among others.
- In February 2021, Sky Organics announced the expansion of its beauty and personal care offerings with a new line aimed at keeping curls healthy and moisturized. New from the brand is its Curl Care collection, which is bio-based and USDA, formulated with plant-derived and organic ingredients
- In January 2020, Unilever and Sundial Brands have launched a new haircare brand, namely Emerge- a line of textured hair care products. Emerge states the products are designed for “Gen Z multicultural women.”