The worldwide optical microscope market is anticipated to expand at a healthy rate due to rising demand from the innovative science sector. Global demand for optical microscopes is expected to increase at a CAGR of 5% from 2022 to 2030.
Optical microscopes, commonly referred to as light microscopes, use lenses and visible light to magnify small images. Scientists widely use them to examine samples, whether they are living or dead.
Market penetration of optical microscopes is anticipated to increase as a result of the development of technologically sophisticated devices with capabilities such as faster performance and simple sample preparation processes. Furthermore, during the projection period, technological improvements to interfaces with display modalities for high-resolution and 3-dimensional pictures are anticipated to increase demand for optical microscopes.
The market for optical microscopes is anticipated to be driven by a rise in the use of 3D optical microscopes in automotive, aerospace, and other industries, including the healthcare sector.
One of the sectors with the most rapid expansion is nanotechnology. The scope of product applicability is expanding as significant investments are made in nanotechnology research and development. For the study of qualities, atomic and subatomic structures, and related functions, microscopes are used in the field of material sciences. According to the needed level of magnification, a variety of optical microscopes are utilised. The rise in biotechnological research is also boosting sales of optical microscopes.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- The global optical microscope market currently accounts for a valuation of US$ 3 billion.
- The global market for optical microscopes is projected to reach US$ 4.4 billion by 2030.
- China’s market is expected to reach a valuation of US$ 985 million by 2030.
- Global sales of stereo microscopes are predicted to progress at a CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period.
Key market players are continuously focusing on advancing optical microscopes by utilizing software in them. There are several significant competitors in the fairly competitive market for optical microscopes.
Carl Zeiss AG, Bruker, Meiji Techno, Labomed Inc., Nikon Instruments Inc., Leica Microsystems, Olympus Corporation, Oxford Instruments Asylum Research Inc., and CAMECA are some of the businesses now ruling the market.
These companies are aggressively pursuing marketing and business growth strategies such as partnerships, acquisitions, the introduction of new products, and investments to get a competitive edge while boosting their revenue sales.
- A high-end scanning probe microscope (AFM*1/SPM*2) outfitted with a recently designed high-sensitivity optical head that enhances sensitivity while measuring physical qualities and permits measurement at atomic and molecular scales was introduced by Hitachi High-Tech Corporation in June 2022.