Landfill gas has gained rapid traction in the past years owing to various advantages such as cost-effectiveness, efficient utilization of waste management solutions, reduction of harmful impact of greenhouse gas emissions, and others.
While demand for renewable power sources has become more prominent, increase in environmental awareness has further driven the sales of landfill gas during the last 5 years from 2016 to 2020, except for a temporary decline in 2020.
Demand for alternative power sources has become more prominent since the past decade, raising the market value for landfill gas substantially. Growing adoption and comprehensive usage of renewable power sources such as solar energy will have significant contribution in raising the revenue of landfill gas suppliers.
The latest edition of the landfill gas market study by Fact.MR talks about new trends, growth & restraining factors, and impact of COVID-19, while emphasizing on potential regions such as North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. As per the report, the global landfill gas market is projected to ascend at over 5% CAGR through 2031.
To Get In-depth Insights Request for Sample here –https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=429
Key Takeaways from Study
- Application in direct and upgraded usages to fuel sales
- Germany remains at the forefront of the world’s largest landfill gas industry – Europe
- The United States to lead North America for landfill gas demand
- China to dominate in the world’s fastest-growing landfill gas industry – Asia Pacific
- The United Kingdom, Canada, India, Japan, and a few other countries to remain lucrative markets
“With renewable power sources gaining traction, and the oil & gas sector getting back on track again after COVID-19, suppliers of landfill gas are expected to gain higher revenue over the coming years,”says a Fact.MR analyst.
Segmentation by Category
- Direct Use
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- East Asia
- South Asia
The global landfill gas market is expanding steadily, while key players are coming across stronger competition. In order to remain in dominant positions, industry players are focusing on developing a wider variety of products and solutions, along with adopting strategic approaches to expand further.
- Aria Energy Corp announced an expansion of the Landfill Gas-to-Energy (LFGTE) project with Republic Services, Inc. at the County Line Landfill on 8th December 2020, in order to utilize the high potential of the global landfill gas industry.
- Covanta Holding Corporation launched its new Waste-to-Energy Incineration Solutions while reaching an annual target of-
- Reducing 21 million tons of greenhouse gas emissions
- Continuously powering 1 million homes
- Recycling 550,000 tons of metal