As per Fact.MR – a market research and competitive intelligence provider, the global canine anxiety separation treatment market was valued at US$ 21.4 Mn in 2020, and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of around 6% during the forecast period (2021-2031).
Canines, like human beings, experience anxiety issues. Dog anxiety can affect all breeds; however, it might differ from one dog to another. Separation anxiety is commonly observed in dogs who are overly attached to their owners, and it is estimated to affect around 14% of dogs, globally.
Sample Report –https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=1490
Key Market Segments Covered in Canine Separation Anxiety Treatment Industry Research
By Drug Molecule
- Alprazolam (XanaX) Canine Separation Anxiety Treatment
- Amitriptyline Canine Separation Anxiety Treatment
- Buspirone Canine Separation Anxiety Treatment
- Clomipramine Canine Separation Anxiety Treatment
- Dexmedetomidine Canine Separation Anxiety Treatment
- Diazepam (Valium) Canine Separation Anxiety Treatment
- Fluoxetine Hydrochloride Canine Separation Anxiety Treatment
By Anxiety Type
- Aggressive Canine Separation Anxiety Treatment
- Non-Aggressive Canine Separation Anxiety Treatment
By Distribution Channel
- Canine Separation Anxiety Treatment through Veterinary Hospitals
- Canine Separation Anxiety Treatment through Veterinary Clinics
- Canine Separation Anxiety Treatment through Pharmacies & Drug Stores
- Canine Separation Anxiety Treatment through Online Pharmacies
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- By drug molecule, clomipramine to hold around 50% value share, globally, primarily owing to its higher effectiveness and well-tolerance in controlling separation anxiety as compared to other drugs.
- Based on anxiety type, aggressive anxiety is leading with 60% market share, owing to growing destructive behavior among canines.
- Veterinary clinics widely dominate at 36% market share, owing to growing number veterinary practices and significant prevalence of canine anxiety across various region.
- By region, North America is expected to dominate the global canine separation anxiety market with a value share of 32% through the forecast period. Europe is the second-largest market with a value share of 21%.
“Limited number of approved drugs for treatment of canine separation anxiety and growing prominence of online pharmacies in veterinary care are expected to provide lucrative growth opportunities for market players,” says a Fact. MR Analyst.
Strategy by Market Players
Collaborations and acquisitions were identified as the preferred key growth strategies adopted by leading players in this market. By pursuing these strategies, it helps them expand their geographic footprint and strengthen their existing product portfolio.
- An example is the recent acquisition of Bayer Animal Division by Elanco Animal Health, Inc., in August 2020. This acquisition enabled Elanco to expand its current product offerings and strengthen its foothold in the global animal health industry. Also, Elanco’s long-standing focus on veterinarians is combined with Bayer Animal Health’s direct-to-consumer expertise to create new opportunities for growth.