In 2021, the global lyophilization market was valued at US$ 926.1 million and is anticipated to reach US$ 2.3 billion by 2032, expanding at a high 8.8% CAGR over the 2022-2032 time frame.
Worldwide revenue from lyophilization accounts for around 16% share of the global cryopreservation market.
Key Segments Covered in Lyophilization Industry Research
Lyophilization Market by Product Type :
- Freeze Dryers
- Tray-style Dryers
- Rotary Freeze Dryers
- Manifold Freeze Dryers
- Drying Chambers
- Vacuum Systems
- CIP (Clean-in-place) Systems
- Other Accessories
- Freeze Dryers
Lyophilization Market by Scale of Operation :
Lyophilization Market by End User :
- Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Food and Beverage Companies
- Academic and Research Institutes
- CROs & CMOs
- Research Laboratories
Lyophilization Market by Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
Key manufacturers of lyophilizers and their accessories are actively focusing on the expansion of their businesses across various locations in the world. Market players are also focusing on innovation by launching new products as a strategy to maintain their position in the global lyophilization market.
Apart from this, collaborations and partnerships are a major promotional strategy carried out by different industry players.
- In 2020, Martin Christ Gefriertrocknungsanlagen GmbH, and Elementar Americas, a technology leader in elemental analysis, collaborated to support their sales and services in the Americas.
- In June 2021, SP Industries Inc. launched the SP Hull LyoStar® 4.0 R&D freeze dryer to support freeze-dry cycle development, optimization, and process scale-up.
- In April 2022, Azbil expanded its operations by opening a new factory in China, through its production base in China called Azbil Control Instruments (Dalian) Co., Ltd.
Similarly, recent developments related to companies operating in the lyophilization market have been tracked by the team at Fact.MR, which are available in the full report.