According to a recent report by Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider, sales of acidified whey protein are expected to reach a value of US$ 135.2 Mn by 2031, rising at a CAGR of around 8.2%.
Consumers are searching for multi-component items that are easily obtainable in the market and those that also help adjust to their fast-paced lifestyle. With increasing demand for nutritionally rich health foods, there is greater need for the production of healthy food products with quality ingredients. Researchers are looking for novel food additives to increase product functionality and nutritional worth. As a result, businesses are turning to acidified whey proteins to produce sufficient amount of healthy food for human consumption.
Clean label items are in high demand as consumers seek food products free from artificial additives and preservatives. The need for acidified whey proteins will increase in the future as the clean label trend grows. This trend is expected to help the market because it will lead to cost savings and improved health claims for products. Minerals and lactose streams produced by these methods can be dried to produce milk permeate, whey, or purified lactose. Because these production techniques are considered structural separations, most consumers would classify them as a clean label.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- The U.S. is estimated to account for 85.1% of the North American market in 2021, supported by increased demand for acidified ready-to-drink beverages.
- According to Fact.MR analysis, China is estimated to account for more than 58% of the East Asian market share in 2021, due to consumer inclination towards clean label products.
- Germany is one of the dominating countries in the European acidified whey protein market with a market share of 21.7% in 2021, with increased concentration of key players.
- Isolates form will hold 57.3% of the market in 2021 on the back of high nutritional properties.
- Ready-to-drink beverages reflect approximately 36.2% of the market in 2021 owing to increased demand from health-conscious population.
“Rising sports nutrition, weight management, and nutraceutical industry is escalating demand for acidified whey protein. Key players operating in the global market are focusing on creating awareness about the nutritional properties of acidified whey protein,” said a lead analyst at Fact.MR.
Developments in New Products and Nutraceutical Ingredients Industry Escalating Global Market
Rising sports nutrition and nutraceutical industries are likely to drive demand for acidified whey protein. Growing fitness and nutraceutical industries are expected to have a beneficial impact on market growth as well.
Because of its health benefits in the diet, developments in new products and the nutraceutical ingredients sector have led to an increase in the usage of acidified whey protein. Increased intake of acidified whey protein as part of a weight-loss regimen is projected to drive market growth considerably.