Global automated weather observing system (AWOS) market is forecast to touch US $ 590 Mn by the end of 2029. Over a trillion dollars are likely to be invested to ameliorate airport infrastructure by 2030 worldwide. An estimated value of about US$ 5 billion is foreseen to be spent specifically on AWOS, leaving substantial scope of opportunities waiting to be capitalized by existing as well as new AWOS solution providers. Furthermore, rising passenger safety concerns, demand for increasing the runway capacity & airport efficiency coupled with re-alignment of strategies by key players are likely to push the market trend on an upward growth trajectory. On this premise, the global AWOS market is expected to register a CAGR of ~5% over the assessment period.
To remain ‘ahead’ of your competitors, request for a sample – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=2807
Key Takeaways of Global AWOS Market
- Global AWOS market is expected to create an absolute value opportunity of around US$ 220 Mn by 2029 end, adding 1.6X times more value as compared to 2019
- AWOS-3 has accounted for over half of the market share in 2019 owing to wide adoption across commercial and cargo service airports
- Despite accounting for a very low market share in 2019, portable AWOS will be preferred by airport authorities and is estimated to rise at a CAGR of ~6% till 2029
- Commercial service airports will remain the brightest opportunity pockets as they would account for ~55% of the market share till 2029
- North America gained the lion’s share in AWOS Market in 2018, owing to high number of airports coupled with positive government stance towards airport improvement programs
- With anticipated two fold increase in demand, East Asia is the next growth epicenter for AWOS market owing to growing aviation industry and numerous airport pipeline projects
AWOS Market Segmentation
Fact.MR has studied the AWOS market with detailed segmentation on the basis of configuration, system type, procurement model, deployment location and key regions.
By Configuration :
By System Type :
- Standalone AWOS Systems
- Portable AWOS System
By Procurement Model :
- Tender / Bidding Process
By Deployment Location :
- Military & Defense Airport
- Commercial Service Airports
- Cargo Service Airport
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa
Highly Consolidated Market, Aimed At Price Stabilization
Vaisala Inc., Optical Scientific, Inc., All Weather, Inc., Mesotech International and Coastal Environmental Systems are amongst the top vendors that have managed to hold over three fourth of the market share in 2019.
These players are focusing on establishing long term contracts with government and military organizations. Along with this, the vendors are also emphasizing on price corrections to curb the high cost of AWOS. For instance, OSI announced lower cost AWOS AV as an alternative to FAA AWOS.