As per a recent report published by Fact.MR, the global Chlor-alkali market is poised to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2022 to 2032. During the said forecast period, the industry is likely to yield a dollar opportunity worth US$ 88.5 Billion in 2022, expected to close at a valuation of US$ 150 Billion. The increasing emphasis on the sustainable manufacturing process and increasing application of Chlor-alkali derivatives act the prominent drivers across the globe.
From 2015 to 2021, the market for Chlor-Alkali grew at a CAGR of 5.3%, closing at a value of US$ 150 Billion. As of 2022, the industry is likely to reach US$ 88.5 Billion. Prospects heightened after the augmenting applications of water treatment across the globe.
Manufacturers are all set to adopt the PFAS-coated (Polyfluoroalkyl Substances) membrane technology in the upcoming future and avoid the usage of Chlor-alkali in chemical & other end-use industries to reduce the adverse effects on the environment.
Key Takeaways from the Market Study
- Global Chlor-Alkali market to flourish 2.6x from 2022-2032
- Chlorine-based Chlor-Alkali to be a top-selling category, capturing more than 50% market and flourishing at a 5.3% CAGR until 2032
- By application, Chlor-Alkali for the vinyl production to expand at a CAGR of 5.1%
- S to emerge as an opportunistic Chlor-Alkali market, documenting a 4.3% CAGR
- China to be the most opportunistic market, expected to be valued at US$ 26 Billion in 2032
“With the proliferation of urbanization, the demand for wastewater treatment has been increasing incessantly. Societal and environmental pressures have prompted industries stakeholders to reduce the wastewater generation,” comments a Fact.MR analyst.
Request Sample Report
The global market for Chlor-Alkali is characterized by the presence of multiple vendors, aiming to offer extensive consulting and integration services to clients. Additionally, enterprises are seeking out, specialized service providers, offering solutions tailor-made to suit their business objectives. In addition, the vendors are likely to leverage up-gradation and product differentiation to gain an edge over other competitors in the market.
- In March 2021, AGC Inc. passed a resolution to integrate and reorganize its 3 consolidated subsidiary companies, AGC Chemicals (Thailand) Co., Ltd, Vinythai Public Company Limited, and AGC Chemicals Vietnam Co., Ltd, and to form a new company that will promote the business development of Chlor-alkali products and services in Thailand and Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam markets, with target completion by the first half of 2022
- In Oct 2019, Borregaard invested 207 million Norwegian kroner in a chloralkali plant at the Sarpsborg site in Norway; The project aims at modernizing existing equipment and is expected to near completion in 2022.
More Valuable Insights
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the global Chlor-Alkali market, presenting a historical analysis from 2015 to 2021 and forecast statistics for the period of 2022-2032.
The study reveals essential insights on the basis of Product (Chlorine-based Chlor-Alkali, Caustic Soda-based Chlor Alkali, Soda Ash-based Chlor-Alkali) by Application (Chlor-Alkali for Glass Manufacturing, Chlor-Alkali for Vinyl Production, Chlor-Alkali for Organic Chemical Production, Chlor-Alkali for Inorganic Chemicals Production, Chlor-Alkali for Pulp & Paper Production, Chlor-Alkali for Chlorinated Intermediates, Chlor-Alkali for Water Treatment, Chlor-Alkali for Other Application) & Region (North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, MEA, others)
Fact.MR’s Domain Knowledge in Chemical & Materials
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned Industrial team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over a thousand reports and 1 million-plus data points, the team has analyzed chemical and materials products across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.